Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friends, far and near, then and now

I received an email from a college friend the other day. Someone who at one point in my life knew as much as there was to know about me. As it happens, especially in a time when we didn't have Facebook, or even email, we drifted apart. Does that make me sound incredibly old?

Well, it's true. When I graduated from college in 1993, we had computers but the internet -- or the information super highway -- was this abstract thing. But thanks to FB, I have reconnected with people from college, from high school, from all facets of my life.

Anyway, back to this amazing email, which I will read and re-read. I've had people tell me I'm brave, that I'm so strong, that I've put up with things far longer than they would have. But never quite like this. So on the days when I feel like this journey is never-ending, I have this to re-read:

This message is coming out of the blue I know and don't think I am some "crazy" stalker, but yesterday you posted something on FB with a link to your Baby Steps blog and as I was reading that I found your other blog. I read it all and I so wish I had words to express my emotions as I read it all. Your journey has been incredible. I admire you for your strength, courage, and just your over all self confidence. I know you had emailed in the winter a little about what was happening in your life, but to read your blog, put it in a whole different perspective. I can't say I know what you went through, but after reading your blog I feel like I know a little bit better what your journey has been like. Like I said, I don't really now how to say what I am trying to say and I don't want it to sound condescending or "wrong", but I am proud to be friends with someone as strong and determined as you are. You are going to be a great mom and I know you will raise a strong, self confident child who will have a heart as big as yours. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog and I can't wait to hear about the day you get a referral and I have to say, I am amazed at the whole process and shame on the hundreds of countries around the world that don't allow single people to adopt from them.

I know this is kind of all over the place, but after reading it all yesterday I wanted to email and like I said I don't really have the words to express all that I am feeling, but I hope you get some idea of it. Know though, that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue your journey and I am proud of you taking control and doing what needed to be done to fulfill your dreams!
Talk to you soon
Krissy

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to log on and tell you that there is a group on yahoo for singles adopting from Ethiopia. You might want to join. :-) There is also one for WHFC (if you aren't a member yet). I just thought after your coment about the phone support group you might want to join the yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete