Tuesday, October 14, 2014

80

Last year, I had a goal of "doing" (walking and running) 1,000 miles in the year. I was on pace, I was doing it. And then December happened.

I was getting ready to put my 18-year-old cat down and close on my house. Add in a boyfriend who didn't like to work out and....well. I fell short of my goal.

Tonight on FB I saw a friend post about her goal until the end of the year. 100 miles in the last 100 days of the year. There are now 79 days left so I'm shooting 80 miles, with a stretch goal of 100. Totally doable. Completely.

And not even hard. I did 4.5 today after work.

But what the goal does is bigger than the actual goal, bigger than the actual accomplishment. It's the habit, it's the mindset, it's the training. It will push me.

I'm a very competitive person, and funny enough, I can be competitive with myself.

So 80...scratch that 100+ miles by the end of the year.

And 1,000 in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment