Friday, October 14, 2011

Born to Run

Tomorrow I will be running in my second competitive 5K. I've been training since the beginning of the semester and just last week, made a huge breakthrough with my breathing. I finally figured out how to lengthen my breaths so I don't feel out of breath. On Monday, I ran my first full mile. And it was great.

Tomorrow, I will be running in memory of a former professor at the College who I used to work out with every day at the gym, as well as my sister-in-law's sister. I will post my results tomorrow. The weather isn't looking great, but I'm going to run at least half of it.


I've been wanting to run for years. Sometimes I even dream that I'm running -- and I love the feeling. But I could never get past a quarter mile. My legs are strong enough. I have the stamina and endurance. I've got the cardio capacity. And now I've figured out how my lungs fit into the picture.

Baby, I am born to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment