Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Goals

Those who know me, know I love baseball. And those who don't, just look at the title.

Joe Maddon was named the Cubs manager the other day, and one of his quotes really stuck with me.

“I'm gonna be talking playoffs next year,” Maddon said. “I'll tell you that right now. I can't go to spring training and say anything else. You have to set your goals high, because if you don't set them high enough you might hit your mark, and that's not a good thing. We're gonna talk World Series this year, and I'm gonna believe it. It's in our future.”

Set your goals high.

Miles -- I'm closing in on 70 since the middle of October when I saw the challenge one of my FB friends set for herself. I will get 200 miles before the end of the year. And I will hit 1,000 in 2015.

Exercise -- Every day. Thankfully I have a dog who doesn't let me skip that. Even if I don't get on the treadmill, he needs to be in the fresh air for at least two miles.

Lifting is the bane of my existence when it comes to working out. I hate it. But I know I need to do it. So I will set the goal of lifting (or doing a strength training DVD) three times a week.

Diet Pepsi -- none. Nada. Shooting for the the month of November aspartame, chemical and Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry free. (And all soda in general)

Food -- I'm committed to this seven day detox, though it hasn't started yet so I have no idea what I'm in for. And committed to the 28-day challenge to give me momentum into the holidays.

Weight -- I will be 175 pounds by my birthday. Plain and simple.

So thanks Joe Maddon, I hope I get to the see the Cubbies int eh World Series, not only in my life time, but in the next year. 

Set your goals high. Reach for them. Work for them.

"It always seems impossible until it's done." -- Nelson Mandela.


No comments:

Post a Comment