Thursday, September 4, 2014

Moving into the second week

Day four was good...I went out with a friend, stuck to diet coke and an appetizer and got a workout in before going out. I was on a high note going into the weekend.

I started strong on Friday, as I drove to ithaca for the next 24 hours. I got a strenuous walk in...strenuous because it involved pushing a double stroller with a two year old and an infant car carrier. Up hill. I could feel it in my thighs and the next day, could feel it in my arms. The sweat was pouring off of me and by the time the walk was over, it was just after noon and I had 7000 steps in. My afternoon was just as active as I played on the playground with my best friend's daughter.

Saturday the wheels started to come off the bus. Got a work out in when I got home but attending a housewarming party at my neighbors...cookies, hot dog, more cookies, a brownie nite, another cookie, some fruit, some veggies and probably another cookie.

I felt like shit when I woke up on Sunday. Like a hangover. And it certainly was a carb hangover. However the feeling didn't stick with me long...and leftovers got shared and more cookies ended up in my house and in my tummy. Thankfully, when it slip like this with food, I'm still sweating. The workouts are never the problem...it's the food.

By Monday, the wheels were off and I just told myself to enjoy the rest of the Labor Day weekend. Lunch out with a friend and then frozen yogurt for dinner. My weight was not good on Tuesday, but it stepped back on the scale, made my lunch, planned my meals, all the things I know how to do.

Tuesday and Wednesday were all about being back on track, clean eating, good sweating, 10,000+ steps and down a little on the scale this morning. 

I need to figure out how to not slide so badly, to enjoy a taste, a small cheat and not go completely off plan. I can do this. I have done this. But really all I'm doing right now is losing and gaining and losing and gaining the same five pounds. I need to get over that hump.

#100sweatydays #daysfourthru10




No comments:

Post a Comment