Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful

I have lots to be thankful for....I have a mostly supportive family, I have great friends, a good job, a nice home.

And yet, it's so hard to not think about what I don't have. And even though I wrote last week that I was "not there" anymore, sometimes I still am. Sometimes I hear something, see something, read something...and it all comes back.

The sadness, the "why me," the "why not me."

OPP -- other people's pregnancies. I've gotten to a place where I'm happy for them, and I guess that's progress. But it's when I hear about a second baby (pregnancy) for someone. And that's when the green-eyed monster comes out.

And that's where I am today.

I'm going to try to move on with my day....wrap Christmas presents, maybe put the tree up (sans decorations -- that happens with Jill on Thursday), finish cleaning the house, and catch up on my DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment