Thursday, February 5, 2015

What I Learned this Week

I saw the nutritionist a week ago and she gave me some tools. Some were successful, others not so much.

More filling snacks...think of yogurt as more than breakfast...have a second smoothie. All good.

Have snacks with lots of volume....Special K chips, 28 to a serving. Ummm....no. I didn't necessarily eat them mindlessly. I ate a handful and went into the living room. And five minutes later, I got another handful. Finally, I stood at the island in the kitchen and finished off the box. 

Have multiple snacks on hand. Having too many options just made it that much easier to go off track.

And so this morning, I made my meal plan. I really can eat the same thing for each meal, with one or two options to have when packing my lunch and dinner. And that's what I did today.

No diet Pepsi.

No chocolate. Even when offered. Even when I was in Lasker, where one of the deans has a bowl of chocolate.

Ate healthy at a lunch meeting.

One day in the books. Now I focus on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment