Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Mind is a Beautiful Mess

I'm eating my stress. And then I'm stressed because I'm overeating. It's a vicious cycle. And one I need to figure out soon because work is not going to get any less stressful as I move toward the biggest project of my career in the next two months.

I've tried to do things the way of my Beachbody coach -- 100% clean eating, not counting calories.

Fail. I need more structure.

I've tried to do things the way of my nutritionist -- a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. 

Fail. By introducing "too many" carbs, I've created a slippery slope that is hard to stop.

I need to get back to -- or closer to -- high protein, low carb.

I've been on this up and down for the past month, trying to figure out the best eating plan for me, when I know all along what it is.

Certainly I can take tips from both techniques -- I've actually really enjoyed making a protein smoothie for breakfast. And adding yogurt as a snack has actually been really helpful -- filling while still satisfying my sweet tooth.

Today was a good day. And tomorrow I see both Terri and the nutritionist. Between the two of them, I'm hoping we can give me some new strategies for dealing with my stress, other than comfort food.


No comments:

Post a Comment