I spent part of this afternoon re-reading the blog from this past year. It seems like some of the stuff I've been through was much longer ago than 11months, but here I am about to welcome 2013.
I'm a different person than I was on January 1, 2012. And even more than that, a different person than I was on February 1, 2012.
Who would have thought I wouldn't be at Ithaca College anymore? Or even living in New York? I'm healthier - mentally and physically (although at this very moment my sinuses are inflamed and I can't breathe). I'm five pounds within pre-baby weight. And I've resolved the baby issue and more importantly, am at peace with it.
And so my goals and resolutions for 2013, borrowed from a friend's Facebook post:
* I will run a 5K. I've done many and in some cases, ran most of it. But I've never run the full 3.1. This year, I will.
* I will my hit goal weight (15 pounds past pre-baby weight) by June 1.
* I will learn to maintain by the end of the year (because losing it is only half the battle).
* I will do my damnedest to run/walk 1,000 miles. That's going to be tough. I was about five miles short of merely 500 miles for 2012. But that's taking into account that I had stopped running, that I was dealing with a new job, a move, wrapping up the old job, plus all the misadventures that January brought. So we'll shoot for 1,000 and see how close I get.
* and what I wouldn't be able to do if I was still in Ithaca...buy a house.