Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Derek Jeter -- clap clap, clap clap clap

The last drawing in the year-long raffle -- a signed and framed photo of New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter.
  • 5 World Championships
  • Rookie of the Year
  • World Series MVP
  • All-Star Game MVP
  • 11 All-Star Game appearances
  • Most hits in (old) Yankee Stadium
  • 5th all-time batting average in Yankees history
  • and about to be the first Yankee with 3,000 hits
And that's even before we talk about how beautiful he is.

What can I say? I love him. And in all my work dealings in Baltimore with professional athletes, I never met him. It was a smart decision.

In 2008, when Bubbles and I went to Yankee Stadium in the final year, we got pretty close to the field and he ran out of the dug-out. She took one look at me and said, "oh yea, good thing you never met him. You'd be all sorts of stupid."

And so, even without ever meeting him, here's to the Captain helping in the last push of the raffle. You know the drill by now....$5/ticket or 5 for $20. Use the donate button.



No comments:

Post a Comment