Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I hate asking for helping

I'm the person who organizes the fundraisers. Who delivers meals or drives friends to the doctor. Who checks on the cats and picks up mail, and leaves baked good when you arrive home from your trip. I send funny little cards for no reason.

But in the past few years, I've had to ask for help. I've needed people to go to the doctor with me, to stop at the store and bring some ice cream when I needed cheering up. But just because I've had to ask for help, doesn't mean that I like it.

I don't. I haven't. But I need to ask for help again. And I need people to not wait for me to ask for help. Over the course of the next year and a half, I will need people to remind me that 18 months really isn't that long. I will need people to understand that sometimes, still, seeing a baby hurts.

And I need help with the raffle. Selling tickets, keeping me motivated, even when I feel like giving up. Even when I'm feeling humbled beyond words at needing to ask for help, and just want to give up.

It won't be every day. It won't be every week. But it'll be. It'll happen. And that's when I'll need you.

2 comments:

  1. This honesty is so good to get out and to let people know! My husband keeps me motivated even when I'm losing my mind...I hope I can keep encouraging you because the wait will be SO worth it! =P Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen Hettich-AtkinsJune 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM

    Just sent a link to your blog to my baseball player friend and asked him to share it with other sports fans who might be interested in participating in your raffles.

    ReplyDelete