Thursday, April 28, 2016

Strengths and Struggles

I have a friend who lives in China. She just up and moved there in the late fall for her job. She'll be there two years. When she first arrived, it was hard. She didn't know the language. She didn't like the food. Sometimes the cabbies knew where a church was, sometimes they didn't and just drove her around and deposited her back at home.

But she's been there since late fall and she's adapting. She's getting stronger, even while she struggles. I can see the growth in her through her emails and our occasional Skype calls.

As we each navigate challenging times in our lives, we've decided to identify one strength and one struggle each week.

First up for me...

Strength: Accepting physical limitations when it comes to running and committing to three strength training sessions this week.

Struggle: I'm still eating my feelings -- and lately my feelings have been boredom (at home) and stress (at work). I'm connecting with a friend of a friend who is a weight management doctor and excited about looking at food in a different way. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment