Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Letter to Myself when I'm ready to Quit

I saw a post on facebook this morning, "A Letter to My Younger Runner Self." I started to read it but wanted to write my own while I had lots of ideas in my head. That letter was from a Runner, capital R...someone who ran competitively in high school and college. It was only relevant to me in that it inspired me.

So this year, as I embark on taking my body back and kicking those 15 pounds I gained to curb, I need to remind myself that...

* I don't have to be perfect, I just have to be better.

* yes, it does take a certain amount of obsession to get/stay fit...but I need to give myself a break every once in a while.

* I don't need to be afraid of food. A cheat can simply be that, a cheat...not a binge.

* I once ran 3.2 miles in 33 minutes. Less than two years ago. And that I ran nearly two cosnecutive miles a few months ago without really training. It will be hard. Those first consecutive five minutes, consistently, day after day, will be the hardest, but I can do it. 

* I need to remember my running mantra...breathe in for two, out for one.

* I'm still healthier, even with these 15 pounds, than I've been for the majority of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment