Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

It's been a trying month. First the incidents with K and A. And then two weeks ago, I was matched with a birth mother in Philadelphia. On Monday, that match ended. I'm not going to go into details, but I have learned that everything happens for a reason. This was not the baby for me. There is a baby out there that is.

This week, I have learned just how truly lucky I am to have my friends and family on my side. Text messages, emails, invites to the gym, extra long and strong hugs on Thanksgiving day, and beer & football on Thanksgiving night. All helped me get through the week that was so hard to get through.

I slept in. I shopped for Christmas. I baked. I got a massage. I put up my tree. I wrapped presents. I quilted. I watched Gone with the Wind. Sometimes I cried, but mostly I stayed busy so that I wouldn't cry.

Tomorrow, I will chat with my attorney and we will start over. Because that's what I do and because "after all, tomorrow is another day."






No comments:

Post a Comment