Friday, August 5, 2011

I (heart) my Capital One Venture Card

I know I sound like a commercial, but I really do. A few months ago, I saw on Facebook or on the CapOne site that they were asking for card holders to share their Venture stories, so I did:

For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a mom. After three years of failed fertility treatments, I realized that I was meant to be a mom in a different way. Last year, I started the process to adopt internationally. I've saved my miles, first from the multiple times a week doctor appointments and now for the legal and processing fees associated with adoption. I've even have friends donate their miles to me. All these miles are saved for the day I get to fly across the world and meet my child.

Earlier this week, the PR Director at CapOne called to tell me that they received many inspiring stories and wanted to turn these stories into a campaign. My story was short-listed as one of the potentials. I will be chatting with their production company next week about the possibility of turning my story into a short video to be shown on their company and FB sites. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I will be earning double miles on my Venture card at the spa this weekend for a well-deserved massage.

3 comments:

  1. How cool! I love my Venture card, too. We have enough miles to pay (probably) for one round trip ticket to Ethiopia, and my mom has enough miles for another. Have you figured out how to get miles donated to you? I haven't even looked into that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How totally cool! Hope they give you some extra points for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! You deserve some good news during this long journey!

    ReplyDelete